Lower Grade Admissions
See the Gifted & Talented webpage for updates. Please stay tuned and check this webpage frequently.
Our school is NOT AFFILIATED with the NEST Autism Spectrum Disorders Program at NYU. Please visit the NEST ASD webpage for more information.
2023 ADMISSIONS GUIDE
NYC DOE Gifted & Talented Admissions Information
We are here to support you throughout the admissions process! If you have questions, you can:
- Call us at 718-935-2009 or
- Email us at ESEnrollment@schools.nyc.
Applying to NEST+m for Grades K – 3
Thank you for your interest in attending NEST+m. Admissions for Grades K-3 at NEST+m is managed by the NYC Department of Education’s Office of Enrollment.
NEST+m is listed in MySchools as "New Explorations Into Science, Technology & Math". Our school code is 01M539.
Sign up for a MySchools account. Speak to your child's Guidance Counselor or a representative at the Family Welcome Center to get a sign up code.
Kindergarten applications for Fall 2023 have closed.
Grades 1-3 admissions update:
The DOE Office of Student Enrollment is launching the admissions process for Grades 1, 2, 3, and 4th grade seats in Gifted & Talented programs shortly.
- Eligibility will be based on report card grades. For more information on eligibility please visit our website at schools.nyc.gov/GT.
- Families will be notified of their eligibility via mail in April.
- The application will run from May 2nd to May 15th. Families can apply through MySchools and at a local Family Welcome Center.
Helpful links for families of accepted students
- Visit our afterschool program website: http://www.after3nyc.org/
- Visit our dress code webpage to find out about our uniform
- Sign up for a PTA Connect account to start receiving school communications
If you are a new family it is very important to sign up for PTA Connect because we use this email list to send important school announcements.
If your child receives an offer to attend NEST+m, you will receive an email to schedule a registration appointment. Visit this link to learn what documents to bring to Registration.
You can get a head start on the paperwork; print and fill out these documents at home and bring them with you to your registration appointment.
Please visit our Registration page to complete the necessary forms:
- Student Information Form
- Housing Questionnaire
- Federal Parent/Guardian Student Ethnic & Race Identification
- Language Preference Form
- Child & Adolescent Health Examination Form
- Media Consent
- Family Income Inquiry Form
- Classroom Supplies Fund
Students in K-6 who live in Manhattan below 93rd st, MAY be eligible for free yellow bus transportation. Visit the Transportation webpage for more information. All students who do not ride the public yellow bus will be issued a student Metrocard.
Right of Return
If your student is discharged from NEST+m and wants to return, that request will be considered if there is an available seat.
See the Chancellor's Regulation A-1010, page 17, which outlines the policy for students of citywide G&T programs.