Orientation Details & Helpful Links
Tuesday, May 30, 2023 or Wednesday, May 31. Orientation is 8:30am - 10:30am. Registration & Intake is 10:30am - 2:30pm.
BRING the following items: child’s birth certificate or passport, government-issued photo ID for one parent/guardian, two proofs of residential address (lease/deed/utility bill), and of course - your child!
Complete your Registration documents ASAP.
- An in-person Orientation for 6th Grade students & families was held on Thursday, June 8 at 12 noon.
7th Grade New Students' Orientation will be Wednesday, August 30, 12:30-2:00pm onsite at NEST+m
Students & parents/guardians are welcome! Schedule of events:
12:30pm - Parent/guardians will drop-off their students at 111 Columbia Street Main Courtyard.
1:30pm - Parents/guardians should return at 1:30pm and stay for the last 30 minutes of the event.
Please make sure you have completed your Registration documents before attending the event.
- 9th Grade & Incoming 10th Grade Orientation/Summer Bridge Event: August 29th & 30th onsite at NEST+m.
Students & parents/guardians are welcome!
Tuesday, August 29, 2023
9:00-10:00am - Families and students attend Orientation
10:00-10:30am - Optional Information Session for Families of Students with IEPs/504 Accommodations
10:00-1:00pm - Students attend the remainder of the day's activities; families leave.
Wednesday, August 30, 2023
9:00am - 1:00pm - Students attend Day 2 without families.
- Complete your Registration documents ASAP.
Scroll down to see more helpful info for new families!
WELCOME NEW FAMILIES!
We are excited to welcome you to NEST+m!
- Don't forget to accept/decline your offer in MySchools and Register with us! All of our Registration forms are listed on our Registration webpage. We need these filled out and returned ASAP. (Even rising NEST+m 6th & 8th grade students need to do this!) Grades 6-12, don't forget to complete Step 2 so that our Programming Team can create your student schedule.
- Check out the Summer Reading assignment. The Summer Reading assignment is posted on our summer reading webpage. The assignment will be due during ELA class in the first two weeks of school.
- Classroom Assignments (K-5) Student Schedules (6-12). This information will be shared with families via email a few days before school. Grades 9-12 students can add/change classes during the first two weeks of school. Students will work with Guidance Counselors to make schedule changes.
- Need a device? If you need a device for the new school year, please fill out our Technology Survey
- Please contribute to the PTA-sponsored Classroom Supplies fund.
- Grades 9-12 PSAL (Public School Athletic League) Athletics. Updates will be posted on this webpage, so check back frequently! Tryouts are held in late August.
- Our NEST+m private buses are pre-registering. Visit the Bus Transportation webpage for further details and routes. Students in K-6 who live in Manhattan below 93rd St. can request Free DOE Yellow Bus Service . Students will be issued a student Metrocard during the first few days of school.
- Sign up for PTA Connect so that you (parents/guardians only) receive event updates and newsletters. Connect with our PTA by visiting the PTA webpage.
- If you missed a prior Welcome Event, please visit our Tours webpage to see Recordings and Presentations.
- Our Parent Coordinator holds Office Hours on ZOOM, Meeting ID: 842 9384 5539 • Passcode: 649115, Wednesdays at 11:00am during the school year. Stop by to ask questions, or just meet and mingle!
- See our Who To Contact reference guide to get help with any concerns that arise during the school year.