Upper Grade Admissions
Please see our Virtual Tour webpage for Tour information!
High School Admissions for Fall 2023:
The Upper Grades Virtual Tours/Open Houses dates for prospective students 2023-2024 are not available at this time.
View a recording of a previous event:
HOW TO APPLY TO NEST+m UPPER GRADES
Thank you for your interest in the Upper Grades Program at NEST+m!
As a K-12 school designed to meet the needs of students with advanced academic needs, we are committed to providing all of our students with equity-driven, accelerated instruction. We apply the principles of equity-driven accelerated learning to our Upper Grades admissions process.
Upper Grades Admissions Priorities
- Diversity in Admissions: Priority to applicants eligible for Free or Reduced Lunch (FRL) for 66% of seats.
- Continuing NEST+m Students: Continuing students at NEST+m have first priority for admission to our Upper Grades program. NEST+m 8th graders that rank NEST+m on their high school application are guaranteed an offer to our Upper Grades program, so long as they do not match to a more preferred school on their application.
- Geographic Priority: There is no geographic priority for NEST+m. NEST+m is a citywide school; our students hail from all 5 boroughs.
Upper Grades Admissions Requirements for 2022-2023 are listed below. 2023-2024 information is not yet available.
Students who who would like to be considered for admissions to NEST+m must:
IMPORTANT REMINDERS & TIPS
Both writing tasks will be submitted on a google form; you cannot save in a google form as you type, so we recommend typing your answers in a separate document and then copying and pasting your responses into the google form.
If you have read all the directions carefully, reviewed the provided resources, and planned your responses, you are ready to complete the NEST+m Online Admissions Activity.
- All online assessment activities must be submitted by 11:59pm ET on Friday, March 11th
- Applicants may only submit the google form one time
- Submissions that are found to be plagiarized will receive a score of zero
- Incomplete submissions will receive a low score
- You will receive a copy of your responses when you successfully submit your online admissions activity- if you do not receive a copy of your responses, reach out to us right away at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants’ final rankings for admission to NEST+m will be based on:
- 50%: NEST+m online admissions activity
- 50%: 7th or 8th-grade core course grades, as ranked by the DOE- read more about the DOE ranking process here: NYCDOE Screened High School Admissions
ADMISSIONS RUBRIC - 2022-2023
Visit the Transportation webpage for more information. All students who do not ride the public yellow bus will be issued a student Metrocard.
You will receive your child’s Upper Grades offer from the Department of Education in your MySchools account sometime in the Spring. You will be able to log into your MySchools account to see the results, and you will receive a letter by mail. Visit the Department of Education’s High School Admissions webpage to learn more.
We will post Orientation information for admitted students on the Orientation webpage.
- There is no sibling priority for students applying to high school.
- NEST+m is NOT AFFILIATED with the NEST Autism Spectrum Disorders Program at NYU. Please visit the NEST ASD webpage for more information.
Students new to NYC Public Schools:
- Students who are new to NYC public schools should contact a Family Welcome Center by completing the Request for Support: schools.nyc.gov/newstudents. Family Welcome Center staff will respond to your request as soon as possible.
- More information for new students is at schools.nyc.gov/newstudents
- Learn more and watch our admissions videos—including videos on how to access and use MySchools—at schools.nyc.gov/High and schools.nyc.gov/SHS
- Visit the NYC Department of Education website’s High School Enrollment page for more information.
- Watch this helpful video to learn how students get offers to screened schools and specialized high schools.
- Set up your MySchools account using the invitation code provided by your school’s Guidance Counselor or at the Family Welcome Center.
- Explore school options online in the MySchools high school directory
- See our NEST+m 2021 College acceptance and matriculation information.
If you have questions regarding Upper Grades Admissions, please send a message to email@example.com.