Thank you for your interest in the Middle Grades at NEST+m, a citywide Gifted and Talented program. As NEST+m is a screened school, all students must take our entrance exam to be considered for admission.
Enrollment Weighting 2016-17
|Standardized Test Scores: English Language Arts||Standardized Test Scores:
|Student Course Grades||Attendance and Punctuality|
Selection Criteria – The selection criteria ranges identified below may be adjusted based on the applicant pool.
- Course Grades: English (85-100), Math (85-100), Social Studies (85-100), Science (85-100)
- Standardized Test Scores: English Language Arts (3.0-4.5), Math (3.0-4.5)
- Attendance and Punctuality
Special Note (Updated 2.28.17): Please note that the 2017-2018 Middle Grades admission application process is now closed.
Congratulations on your acceptance to NEST+m for the 2017-18 School Year! We are so excited to welcome you into our school community.
To best support your transition to NEST+m we will be holding our Orientation Day for incoming 6th and 7th Grade students / families on June 6th, 2017 from 5:30pm – 7:00pm in our school auditorium.
It is essential that both our incoming students and parents / guardians are in attendance.
Please RSVP by clicking: https://goo.gl/forms/ScV6nmtu7fYVj9IA2
Following this special event, author and Psychotherapist, Sean Grover, will deliver a talk in our auditorium about how parents can support the needs of adolescents navigating academics, friendships, families and identity. Interested parents may stay and attend this talk from 7:15pm – 8:30pm.
SPECIAL ORIENTATION FOR FAMILIES OF INCOMING STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES (GRADES 6-12)
In addition to the grade specific orientation, we will be hosting a Special Orientation for Families of Incoming Students with Disabilities (Grades 6-12). This is an opportunity to learn about the specifics of NEST+m’s Special Education Programming, including ICT, SETSS, 504s, IEPs and Related Services. We will be holding this additional Orientation Day for incoming students with disabilities and their families on June 1st, 2017 from 5:30pm – 7:00pm in our school auditorium.
Please bring a copy of your child’s current IEP or 504
- Q: How many seats do you anticipate for the 2017-2018 school year?
- A: We anticipate having approximately 47 open seats.
- Q: This school was not on my son’s middle school application list, what should I do?
- A: NEST+m is listed in the City-Wide Middle School application. We are listed as “New Explorations into Science, Technology, and Math”.
- If my family and I did not attend the Open House, can we still apply?
- Open House is not mandatory; this will not have a negative impact on the application.
- I forgot to add NEST+m on the Middle Grade application; can I register for the exam?
- All students are required to rank us on the Middle School application; we will send invitations to the entrance exam based on the child’s ELA and Math scores, GPA, and attendance.
- I am a parent applying for middle school, should we mail our records and transcripts separately?
- Once you turn in the completed Middle School application to your child’s guidance counselor, all required data is sent to us electronically. Please do not send paper copies.
- My child attends a private school, how can we apply?
- You will need to request a Middle School application through the DOE Office of Student Enrollment.
- Do I need to fill out a separate application?
- No, all students are required to rank us on the City-Wide Middle School application.
NEST+m Middle Grades Admissions Team