Thank you for your interest in the Middle Grades at NEST+m, a citywide Gifted and Talented program. As NEST+m is a screened school, all students must take our entrance exam to be considered for admission.
Enrollment Weighting 2016-17
|Standardized Test Scores: English Language Arts||Standardized Test Scores:
|Student Course Grades||Attendance and Punctuality|
Selection Criteria – The selection criteria ranges identified below may be adjusted based on the applicant pool.
- Course Grades: English (85-100), Math (85-100), Social Studies (85-100), Science (85-100)
- Standardized Test Scores: English Language Arts (3.0-4.5), Math (3.0-4.5)
- Attendance and Punctuality
Important Announcement Regarding our 6th Grade Entrance Exam Sessions
Due to the following reasons we are moving our testing sessions until after the Citywide Middle School application deadline of December 1st:
- To align with the Citywide expectation that invites to test will be sent to families after the deadline of December 1st. Invitations to test will be based on an initial ranking according to your child’s ELA and Math 4th Grade State Test Scores, GPA, and attendance
- To ensure all families have the opportunity to apply to our school, and have the opportunity to test based on the initial ranking highlighted above
- Our final ranking will be based on the rubric above
We understand that you may have questions, please send your inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEST+m Middle Grades Admissions Team