Thank you for your interest in the Middle Grades at NEST+m, a citywide Gifted and Talented program. As NEST+m is a screened school, all students must take our entrance exam to be considered for admission.
Enrollment Weighting 2016-17
|Standardized Test Scores: English Language Arts||Standardized Test Scores:
|Student Course Grades||Attendance and Punctuality|
Selection Criteria – The selection criteria ranges identified below may be adjusted based on the applicant pool.
- Course Grades: English (85-100), Math (85-100), Social Studies (85-100), Science (85-100)
- Standardized Test Scores: English Language Arts (3.0-4.5), Math (3.0-4.5)
- Attendance and Punctuality
Special Note (Updated 1.24.17): On Tuesday, January 17th and January 18th, we sent 515 invites to test at NEST+m for entrance in the 2017-18 school year. These invites were sent to select elementary schools based on our admissions selection criteria and the number of seats we have available.
On Monday, January 23rd we sent an additional 270 invites to select elementary schools.
Please know we are honored that 4,601 students have applied for 47 seats. Due to this high demand unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate all families that have applied, even if you fall into the selection criteria range. Unfortunately we will not be sending additional invites to test for the 2017-18 school year.
- Q: How many seats do you anticipate for the 2017-2018 school year?
- A: We anticipate having approximately 47 open seats.
- Q: This school was not on my son’s middle school application list, what should I do?
- A: NEST+m is listed in the City-Wide Middle School application. We are listed as “New Explorations into Science, Technology, and Math”.
- If my family and I did not attend the Open House, can we still apply?
- Open House is not mandatory; this will not have a negative impact on the application.
- I forgot to add NEST+m on the Middle Grade application; can I register for the exam?
- All students are required to rank us on the Middle School application; we will send invitations to the entrance exam based on the child’s ELA and Math scores, GPA, and attendance.
- I am a parent applying for middle school, should we mail our records and transcripts separately?
- Once you turn in the completed Middle School application to your child’s guidance counselor, all required data is sent to us electronically. Please do not send paper copies.
- My child attends a private school, how can we apply?
- You will need to request a Middle School application through the DOE Office of Student Enrollment.
- Do I need to fill out a separate application?
- No, all students are required to rank us on the City-Wide Middle School application.
After reviewing the presentations above and FAQ please send any remaining inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEST+m Middle Grades Admissions Team