Middle Grade Admissions
ADMISSIONS UPDATES FOR 2022-2023
See our Welcome Events webpage for Tour information!
Update on Middle Grades Admissions:
Middle Grades offers were released into MySchools accounts on Tuesday, May 17. If your child's offer is not to their first-choice program, they are automatically on the waitlist for any program listed higher on their application than the program where they received an offer—learn more at schools.nyc.gov/Waitlists.
Our school is NOT AFFILIATED with the NEST Autism Spectrum Disorders Program at NYU. Please visit the NEST ASD webpage for more information.
How to apply to NEST+m Middle School:
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in the Middle Grades at NEST+m.
At NEST+m, intellectualism, inclusivity, collaboration and exploration within and beyond our school community enable our students to lead lives filled with learning, discovery and purpose.
NEST+m Middle Grades is a city wide school, open to applicants from all boroughs of New York City. Applicants can rank NEST+m Middle Grades in the list of schools in the MySchools application portal. Our school's DBN number is 01M539.
Applicants should NOT send any supporting application materials to the school as they cannot be considered as part of their application.
Helpful links for applicants
- Watch this video to learn how students receive offers
- Presentation for Families from the Office of Student Enrollment
- Presentation for Families from NEST+m
If you have questions regarding Middle Grades Admissions, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
ADMISSIONS RUBRIC - 2022-2023
Admissions criteria: The pause on academic screens will continue for students entering middle school in Fall 2022.
- All programs that previously admitted students based on their academic records or school-based assessment will use an “open” admission method.
- The “open” admissions method uses random selection to match applicants with available seats.
Sibling Priority: Starting with Fall 2022 admissions, the DOE will phase in a sibling priority for middle school applicants citywide. This means:
- For students applying during the 2021-2022 school year and entering middle school in fall 2022: Applicants with a sibling in sixth grade will receive a priority to attend the same school as that sibling.
- For students applying during the 2022-2023 school year and entering middle school in fall 2023: Applicants with a sibling in sixth or seventh grade will receive a priority to attend the same school as that sibling.
- This priority includes any full-siblings, half-siblings, step-siblings, and/or foster siblings who live in the same household as the applicant.
Multiple Sibling Applicants: If a family has more than one child the same age applying to middle school (ie., twins), that family may choose to submit identical applications for those students so they receive an offer to the same program.
Families should be thinking about which schools will be a good fit for their child in terms of culture, course offerings, etc. Families may list up to 12 middle school programs in their true order of preference on the application.
You will be able to log into your MySchools account to see the results, and you will receive a letter by mail. Visit the Department of Education’s Middle School Admission webpage to learn more.
We will post Orientation information for admitted students on the Orientation webpage.
Students who live in Manhattan below 93rd st, and are in grades K-6, MAY be eligible for free yellow bus transportation.
Visit the Transportation webpage for more information. All students who do not ride the public yellow bus will be issued a student Metrocard.