Thank you for your interest in the Upper Grades at NEST+m, a citywide Gifted & Talented program.
At NEST+m, intellectualism, inclusivity, collaboration and exploration within and beyond our school community enable our students to lead lives filled with learning, discovery and purpose.
The application process for the 2020-2021 school year will begin in the fall. Open Houses for prospective families will be held in October and November. Dates and times will be posted here in later summer 2019.
Open House & Tours
NEST+m Fall Admissions Events – 2019
Please register for one of our upcoming Open Houses via the Eventbrite links below: (Registration Opens on 9/10/19 at 6pm)
- Open House #1 – Tuesday, 9/24 from 5:30pm – 6:30pm
- Open House #2 – Monday, 10/7 from 5:30pm – 6:30pm
- Open House #3 – Thursday, 10/10 from 5:30pm – 6:30pm
- Open House #4 – Thursday, 10/17 from 5:30pm – 6:30pm (Registration for this event begins on 9/23 at 8am)
- Open House #5 – Saturday, 10/19 from 9:30am – 1:30pm (Public – No ticket required. Families will be welcomed on a rolling basis based on arrival time)
NEST+m will attend the following two NYCDOE High School Fairs:
- HS Fair #1 (Manhattan Event – Saturday 9/21 & Sunday 9/22) 10am – 3pm:
George Washington Educational Campus
549 Audubon Avenue
Manhattan, NY 10040
- HS Fair #2 (Manhattan Event – Saturday 10/5 & Sunday 10/6) 10am – 3pm:
Bayard Rustin Educational Campus
351 W 18th Street
Manhattan, NY 10011
How to apply
NEST+m is a city-wide screened school and we follow the admissions rubric below:
Please review our Upper Grades Admissions rubric. Open House attendance is NOT necessary to apply to NEST+m Upper Grades and there is no special test or interview.
You can apply to NEST+m Upper Grades via your school’s Guidance Counselor or if you are new to the Department of Education, you can visit a Department of Education Family Welcome Center. You must be a resident of New York City in order to apply to NEST+m. If you are planning to move to New York City, visit the New Student’s webpage of the NYC Department of Education.
- Visit the NYC Department of Education website’s High School Enrollment page for more information.
- Watch this helpful video to learn how students get offers to screened schools and specialized high schools.
- Set up your MySchools account using the invitation code provided by your school’s Guidance counselor or at the Family Welcome Center.
- See our NEST+m 2019 College acceptance and matriculation information.
If you have questions regarding Upper Grades Admissions, please send a message to email@example.com.