Thank you for your interest in the Upper Grades at NEST+m, a citywide Gifted & Talented program.
At NEST+m, intellectualism, inclusivity, collaboration and exploration within and beyond our school community enable our students to lead lives filled with learning, discovery and purpose.
The application process for the 2019-2020 school year has been completed.
Open House & Orientation
- Tuesday, April 2nd – (6:00pm – 7:00pm) Open House for students and families who matched to NEST+m but have not finalized their high school decision. Please bring a copy of your child’s offer letter to the Orientation.
- Tuesday, June 11th – (5:30pm – 7:00pm) Orientation for incoming 9th and 10th Grade students.
As NEST+m is a city-wide screened school, we follow the admissions rubric below:
Please see our Upper Grades Admissions rubric HERE. Open House attendance is NOT necessary to apply to NEST+m Upper Grades and there is no special test or interview.
You can apply to NEST+m Upper Grades via your school’s Guidance Counselor or if you are new to the Department of Education, you can visit a Department of Education Family Welcome Center. You must be a resident of New York City in order to apply to NEST+m. If you are planning to move to New York City, visit the New Student’s webpage of the NYC Department of Education.
- Visit the NYC Department of Education website’s High School Enrollment page for more information.
- Watch this helpful video to learn how students get offers to screened schools and specialized high schools.
- See the NEST+m 2019 High School Directory listing for prior year admissions data.
- See our NEST+m 2018 College acceptance and matriculation information.
If you have questions regarding Upper Grades Admissions, please send a message to email@example.com.