Thank you for your interest in the Upper Grades at NEST+m, a citywide Gifted & Talented program.
At NEST+m, intellectualism, inclusivity, collaboration and exploration within and beyond our school community enable our students to lead lives filled with learning, discovery and purpose.
Fall 2018 Open Houses
Events are now open to students and families interested in applying for admission to NEST+m (Grades 9 / 10) for the 2019-20 school year.
To register for one of our Fall Open Houses, please click on a sign-up link below. Please note, Open House attendance is NOT necessary to apply to NEST+m Upper Grades. There is no special test or interview.
We appreciate your patience and look forward to accommodating all of you at one of our upcoming Admissions events! Please note we are overwhelmed with phone calls – instead, you can get updates by clicking the purple button at the bottom of this page!
- 10/04/2018 – 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM – Registration closed
- 10/11/2018 – 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM – Registration closed
- 10/18/2018 – 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM – Registration closed
- 10/25/2018 – 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM – Registration closed
- 11/01/2018 – 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM – Registration closed
- 11/03/2018 – 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM – Registration closed
- 11/03/2018 – 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM – Registration closed
- 11/15/2018 – 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM – DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER, THIS EVENT IS POSTPONED UNTIL MONDAY, NOVEMBER 19 AT 5:00PM!
As NEST+m is a city-wide screened school, we follow the admissions rubric below:
Open House attendance is NOT necessary to apply to NEST+m Upper Grades and there is no special test or interview.
You can apply to NEST+m Upper Grades via your school’s Guidance Counselor or if you are new to the Department of Education, you can visit a Department of Education Family Welcome Center. You must be a resident of New York City in order to apply to NEST+m. If you are planning to move to New York City, visit the New Student’s webpage of the NYC Department of Education.
- Visit the NYC Department of Education website’s High School Enrollment page for more information.
- See the NEST+m 2019 High School Directory listing for prior year admissions data.
- See our NEST+m 2018 College acceptance and matriculation information.
If you have questions regarding Upper Grades Admissions, please send a message to email@example.com